Prose and Poetry
- Articles cannot be an attack on any specific person, or specific group.
- Research-laden topics, such as History, Politics/News, are reserved for those with at least a BA in the subject, or those who demonstrate specialized knowledge in the area.
- Articles should not go over 1500 words. They should be at least 400.
- Poems need to be at least 100 words to be posted to the website. Poems less than 100 words will be posted to our social media accounts.
- Send submissions in doc, or docx formats.
- Submissions are processed within 24 hours, but can take up to six weeks to appear on the website.
Writers retain ownership of all their materials. Peaks Journal will edit and market these materials as needed.
Writers can submit articles as frequently as they’d like. However, writers should be aware of the processing times.
Writers will not receive personalized messages in response to submissions, but should receive an automated confirmation message.
Writers will not be personally notified when their submissions are posted, so it is recommended that writers either subscribe to the website or follow the Facebook page to be notified.
Writers who would like to submit under a pen name will need to include their pen name in their articles. After having two articles on the website, writers are able to be featured on the website under ‘Peaks Writers.’ Send an inquiry about it.
Writers are free to submit any of their work that has been previously published on their websites, or social media. Writers who would like to submit excerpts from their books are free to do so. Be sure to include titles, and/or links.
These rules are subject to change.